Aditi Chopra - An Author Interview







Tell us a little about yourself and your background, please?

I was born in India and now live in Texas with my family.  I ventured into writing with non-fiction books but I have found my creative bone in fiction writing.

What were you like at school?

I was a dedicated student and aspired to rank high in class.

Which writers inspire you?


Writers that write with a soul and have something profound to give to the community. Deepak Chopra and Daniel Goleman are my favorite authors.


What are your ambitions for your writing career?

One day I would like one of my books to be adapted into a movie.


What genre are your books?

I have written contemporary romance and Women's fiction books.


What draws you to this genre?

I am a romantic at heart and enjoy romance genre for its positivity.


When did you decide to become a writer?

I have been an observer for a long time and I always felt that I had a unique perspective on people, objects and surrounding environment. As a writer, I get to share my unique point of view.

Where do the your ideas come from?

That is a great question. Ideas can come from anywhere and anyone. This might sound cliche but when I decide on a concept, I find that inspiration comes to me from different sources. I just have to keep my eyes and ears open and connect the dots. The first step of course is to hone in on a concept. If I find myself out of inspiration or ideas, I take a break until I reach the aha moment again.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

The hardest thing to figure out is what will connect the most with readers. Every writer puts in their best in every piece she creates but some books connect more with readers.


Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer’s block?

The worst thing you can do is to resist writer's block and try to force yourself into writing anyway. I suggest that when writer's block hits, one should take a well-deserved break and rejuvenate. This will open up writer's mind and then she will be more in tune with surroundings which is where inspiration mostly comes from. Take a walk or engage in a different activity not related to writing and see where it takes you.

Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?

I don't write everyday. I write when I am inspired and I have the right material to put on paper. I also take breaks between books so that I get re-energized and in the meantime I surround myself with inspiring people, shows, thoughts and environment.


Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?

I do work on a outline but not to the last detail. I do leave room for creativity and free-flowing thought. Most of the times, I don't change the end goal but how I reach it.


How much research do you do?

It depends on how familiar I am with the subject that I am about to write. If I am intimately familiar I don't do a lot of research, instead I concentrate on character building. If the subject is new, then I spend a lot more time in research before I start developing story line or characters.

So, what have you written?

My non-fiction books focus on leadership skills. My readers get practical take-aways that they can apply in their career.
My fiction books are about Indian characters who live outside of India. I am a die-hard Bollywood fan so you will see glimpse of Bollywood in my stories and will definitely enjoy the emotional ride.


Where can we buy or see them?

My books are on Amazon 


What are you working on at the minute?

I am working on my third book in the "Mr.Imperfect" series. After that, I plan to explore writing drama and I am consciously learning the craft.


Thank you for answering some questions for us today. Where can readers connect with you or find out more about your work?

You can locate me at these places: